Friday, January 28, 2011

cancer cannot

My mom enclosed this little card inside a card she sent me this past week. No, I do not have cancer, but I have known too many who have and decided to volunteer with the American Cancer Society 3 years ago- which has become one of the most rewarding things I think you could ever do, if you have been touched by cancer.
I do believe that what this card says is true, as long as you keep the right perspective: that God is in control of ALL things. Like I said, I have never had cancer, I haven't had to go through what TOO many of you or your loved ones have had to endure to survive for just one more day, much less beat the awful disease. But with the right perspective, I believe that cancer cannot..

"Cancer is so limited... It cannot cripple LOVE. It cannot shatter HOPE. It cannot corrode FAITH. It cannot destroy PEACE. It cannot kill FRIENDSHIP. It cannot surpress MEMORIES. It cannot silence COURAGE. It cannot invade the SOUL. It cannot steal ETERNAL LIFE. It cannot conquer the SPIRIT."
(author unknown)

I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5

You can check out my Relay For Life page by going to the link below. From there you can navigate to more information on the ACS or Relay For Life, find out how to get involved, or make a donation in honor of or in memory of someone who has battled cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment