Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alabama Flower Pot


I needed some sort of garden decor to put beside my little Roll Tide flag and since I live in Georgia all I can find around here is UGA stuff (GAG)! This pot cost almost nothing to make and it's super cute!
 
Supplies: gray pot, crimson yard, houndstooth wire ribbon (if you don't want to do a bow and just have a strip of ribbon on the yarn it does not need wire in in it)
 
Use a little hot glue to secure the yarn in one spot on the pot (that will be the back) and start wrapping it around until you get the desired width you want. I had to add a couple spots of glue while I was wrapping, I think 4 total to keep the yarn straight. Once the yarn is on, glue one side of the ribbon in the back and wrap it once, then glue the other side down. Tie a bow and glue it to the front.
 
I think this project cost me all of 3 or 4 bucks. The pot was on a clearance and I keep yarn/ribbon on hand, but even if you don't, you'll have plenty left for other projects!
 
Roll Tide!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment